Saturday, February 13, 2010

Very Veggie Meatloaf

My friend Tam and I spit a grass fed beef this year and it was one of the best investments I’ve made. Not only to my health of not eating grain fed, hormone boosted, dye injected beef, but also to my pocket book. The only downside was the amount of Ground Beef we received so this recipe was brought on by my commitment to eat more veggies and using up my excess ground beef.

1 ½ pounds grass fed ground beef
½ cup white onion finely chopped
3 green onions finely diced
1 cup fresh spinach finely julienned
½ of a large carrot finely grated
1 small zucchini finely grated
1 tsp finely chopped parsley
2 garlic cloves pressed or finely chopped
2 Organic Free Range Eggs
½ cup gluten cracker crumbs
½ cup Organicville Agave Catsup
1 TBS Better than Bullion beef paste
½ cup Parmesan Cheese
½ tsp Ground Pepper
½ tsp Kosher Salt

You know the drill, put it all in a bowl and use the best tools in the kitchen “your hands” and to mix it together. Put this in a loaf pan and bake on 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Alternatively I preset my oven and baked mine on 250 degrees for an hour and twenty minutes and had it shut off automatically. When Robert and I returned several hours later from our outing, it was waiting for us still nice and warm and fully rested.

The veggies make it super moist and since they are finely grated you don’t even know they are there. You can fool the kids and maybe yourself and even go back for seconds.

Happy Cooking!





1 comment:

  1. Note: when I said gluten cracker crumbs I use gluten FREE crumbs. I purchase rice and other grain crackers and when I get to the bottom of the box I put them in the food processer and stor them in sealed container.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete