Saturday, February 13, 2010

Smoked Salmon & Bay Shrimp Quiche


I can’t remember why 2009 seemed to be the year of the Quiche, but ask my friend Marcie I must have made a dozen of them. Maybe it was those yummy farm eggs she picks up for me on her way into town or possibly it was my way to clean out the fridge. Out of the dozen I made, not including the mini ones, my favorite was the peppered smoked salmon, baby bay shrimp with triple cheese quiche. It’s great for a brunch served with fruit and maybe even a glass of bubbly.

1 prepared pie crust (deep dish)
6 Organic Free Range Eggs (lightly whisked)
4 oz of Smoked Peppered Salmon
¾ cup Bay Shrimp
2 Green Onions chopped
1 Large Roma Tomato diced
3 oz Cream Cheese in Cubes
¾ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
½ cup Shredded Pepper Jack

Mix together all ingredients and fill pie pan.

Bake at 325 degrees for an hour checking every 5 minutes after that until the center is set. If you have extra filling spray ramekins with non stick spray and fill. These little pots are great for a quick breakfast in the morning or for me a midnight snack. The ramekins will cook in half the time.

Here’s to a lovely spring with many brunches!

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of bubbly, my favorite Mimosa is peach nectar and sparkling wine or dry champagne.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete