Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Artichoke, Zucchini & Butter Bean Salad




I frequent Whole Foods on my lunch hour and typically go through the salad bar. I just can’t resist a salad bar especially the ones in gourmet grocery stores and don’t forget the olive bar! My three favorite ingredients are Butter Beans marinated in olive oil, Roasted Zucchini and Artichokes. Here’s my own rendition I made at the office. Typically I would have had Kosher Salt, Fresh Ground Pepper and used some fresh herbs but we have a limited supply of seasonings at the office.

1 can butter beans drained and rinsed
1 can small artichoke hearts sliced in half
6 compari tomatoes sliced in half (could substitute large cherry tomatoes)
4 green onion finely chopped
1 small zucchini cut into cubes
1 TBS Red Onion finely chopped
3 TBS Olive Oil
2 TBS Lemon Juice
1 TBS Red Wine Vinegar
1 TBS Balsamic Vinegar
Pepper to Taste
Salt to taste
Pinch of Sugar
Season Salt (a couple shakes)
Crumbled Feta Cheese (optional)

In a medium size bowl combine all the ingredients and season to taste. This should be served immediately or prepare everything except omit the butter beans until ready to serve.

I was half way through and remembered I had feta cheese crumbles and added this to at the end, truly Yummy.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment